To create an integration to send your parsed data directly to a Google Sheet each time a new email arrives just follow the steps below.
- Create your parsing rules. Establish all the data points you want to appear within your google spreadsheet and create each parsing rule to extract those data points. (If you haven't yet done this you can reference this article to get started)
- Create a new Google Sheet within your Google Account and populate the first row with column names. This step is important as that first row within your Google Sheet will be brought into the Mailparser integration to match your parsing rules with.
- Select “Integrations” from the left navigation inside the Mailparser app click on "Add New Integration" and select Google Spreadsheet.
- You will then need to connect your Google Account - Select from "Your Google Account > Add Account" This will redirect you to login via Google to your account where your spreadsheet is located.
- Once you select the account and choose your newly created Google Sheet, you will be provided “Field Mapping”, where you will select the parsing rules/columns from the data you extracted, and map it to the names of the columns within your Google Sheet from Step 2
- Click “Save & Test”, then “Send Test Data” again on the next prompt after mapping is properly completed.
- You should then see a message that confirms the integration worked correctly - you can take a look at the test data on the spreadsheet to make sure of this. Once you confirm that just be sure to activate the integration by selecting "Activate" on the webhook from the Integrations tab.
That's it! Now every time a new email is received in your Mailparser inbox the data will automatically add to your Google Spreadsheet